Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm Glad This Movie Exists #4

My Apologies to The Rules of the Game (Jean Renoir, 1939).  I almost forgot to include it in my Top 100*...even though its always included in My Top 20 Movies That Should Be In My Top 10.


When asked what his top three films were on Late Night with Johnny Carson (?), Orson Welles said: "Rules of the Game! Rules of the Game! And Rules of the Game!"  Here's Orson Welles on Jean Renoir (following the passing of the French director). Find the (modern) trailer and Mr. Renoir's introduction to the film's re-release after the jump...

*With its inclusion at #12, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (#98) is the odd film out.
I realized that Michel Gondry had gotten into my mind to erase my love for Jean Renoir. 




Links to the trailer and the intro in case you're on a device that can't play the embedded videos above.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...